Once you have been on one of our Beginners Photography Courses, or you already have some experience of using the semi-automatic and manual settings on your DSLR camera and you understand the principles of how aperture, shutter speed and ISO all work together, you will be ready to try our Beyond Beginners Photography Courses.
The format is similar to our other courses – we will spend time in the morning exploring photography techniques in more depth before spending the afternoon putting theory into practice.
The price is also the same – £85.00 per person. Courses in Lym and Bury include refreshments and a light lunch, courses in Didsbury are bring a packed lunch. To see a full list of course dates, click on the link in the red bar at the top of the page.
The course will cover the following :
- Shooting in fully Manual exposure mode.
- Developing your skills of composition
- Dealing with more challenging light conditions such as backlighting, high contrast and low or poor light
- Showing how different lenses can be used for particular effects
- Showing you how to do simple edits in Photoshop Elements
- A challenge on the day to find and shoot an image against a brief
- Review and critique of your images
The course will be a small group of no more than eight people so you will have plenty of time to get individual guidance and ask questions. We always make it our job to ensure you are relaxed and comfortable with the instructions we provide.
We will send you a short questionnaire beforehand so that we can tailor the course as much as possible to your level of experience.
We will be out and about for most of the day after the initial briefing, but we don’t go far and the areas we visit are easy walking of no more than 500m. Please let us know if you have any particular mobility needs.
On our return to our private classroom area we will review the day’s work and have the opportunity to ask questions before the course ends at about 4.15pm.
You can find dates of upcoming courses on this link Photography Course Dates